McNabb

McNabb
Best QB ever!!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Biggest "Non" Loser

That would be me...:) It's interesting that someone could have so much motivation in other areas of her life but cannot find the motivation to get the weight off. Honestly...it overwhelms me and I shut down - push it out of my thoughts and think of something else. I am a happy person and love my life, so focusing on the one area where I am a complete failure is not fun for me.

I am of course watching "The Biggest Loser" and cry tears of joy when the people do the walk of shame to the scales and lose weight every week. It is so incredible to watch their dramatic transformations. Maybe I need a trainer like Jilian....somebody to yell at me...get my butt back in the gym.



Everytime I see a story of someone who is waiting for a heart transplant or little kids who can't run, I think "What is wrong with you that you can't enjoy this healthy body that God gave you?"

The crazy thing is I've been the skinny girl and I love to work out, exercise and play sports. I used to thrive on getting a good sweat in every day. But, I was also obsessed with my looks and keeping me weight way down. Don't remember being all that happy back then either.

Somewhere along the way, I found great joy in my intelligence and like being the smart girl much more than being the pretty one. But, I do miss being able to buy smaller sized clothing and really miss the active lifestyle I used to enjoy.

So...following Oprah's advice, I am sending this thing, this failure in my life out to the universe in hopes that it will somehow give me that push that I so desperately need.


And I joined Weight Watchers AGAIN!!! :)


OR maybe the answer is Laughtercise - there is a new fitness craze that incorporates laughter into an exercise DVD. http://www.comcast.net/data/fan/html/popup.html?v=866293919

1 comment:

E said...

This sucks! I'm sorry you feel like a failure at weight loss. I have complete faith that you'll be able to get to the exact size you want to be. You are incredibly successful in every area of your life, and I'm super proud of you! You are the bonus treat I got for marrying Anthony. I'm lucky!