McNabb

McNabb
Best QB ever!!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Be Careful What You Ask For...


I have been on the interviewing panel the past three weeks and boy am I ready for it to be over with.
Yes, I did ask to be a part of deciding who makes the cut into our group but this takes so much time during the week to interview all these candidates.

Hearing myself repeat the same behavioral questions is also getting quite boring...:) For example, "Having a good solution for a problem often entails more than just being intelligent. Often, exercise of good judgment is needed to complement logic in choosing a practical solution. Describe when you used good judgment in solving a problem."

Maybe if I wasn't already so busy - I could enjoy it more. We did have a couple very good interviews last week - scary smart individuals that I would love to work with.

So...next time, I am going to think about how much my opinion really matters to me before I decide to open my big mouth and volunteer for an additional time sink to my crazy schedule.

2 comments:

E said...

Here's what my answer would be to your interview question: This one time, I was at an interview, and the panel asked me a question that went right over my head, and I replied, "Would you mind rephrasing your question? It lacks clarity. Don't apologize. I understand--not all of us can be English majors. Perhaps if you place your prepositions closer to your verbs?" The tables were turned. The interviewee became the interviewer, all without relying on my "intelligence." Do I get the job?

BTW, I got my diploma today. Need to get a HUGE frame for it to compensate for the fact that it will hang next to Anthony's doctorate.

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha...perfect response. Want to come work with me???

Congratulations on getting your diploma!!!!

I double matted mine - 8x10 mat, inside an 11x14 and framed it big. There was no blank space that way. Think it looks very nice...:)